Napoleonic era, 1796-1815. 4 1/2" length, turned on a bow lathe with the twin tined hand finished. Made at Norman Cross, Cambridgeshire England where thousands of Napoleon’s troops were housed after capture. They were allowed to produce a great variety of articles which were sold at the town market and prison gate. The materials used were largely scraps from the prison including animal bones, straw and wood. With over 5000 prisoners, production was substantial. Many prisoners became highly skilled and some acquired significant funds for their efforts, as the prices for their work was regulated as to not undersell English competition. Have three examples varying slightly with hand work.