14 ½” height, heavy forged iron of duplex construction and anthroporphic form with inward rolled edges. Struck at the back of the neck with an H “with a dip in the middle of the bar”. See The London Armourers of the 17th Century, Richardson, p.41 for details of this maker including his application of the dipped bar H mark. Made of two plates, forged welded one over the other, with evidence of that duplex construction on the edges. See our 97-1052 & 1053 for two related breastplates made in the same way. This and those two are from the sale of armor at Hengrave Hall, near Bury St. Edmund, Suffolk. A small working life repair to the right bottom.