Late 19th century. By FRANK HENDERSON KALAMAZOO MICH. and so marked on the blade base. Frank Henderson name was used from about 1850 until his death in 1899 after which the company was the Henderson Ames Co. The sword is for the Odd Fellows, established in London in the early 1700s as an elite social club to which King George IV was admitted in 1780. The name itself, odd to us today, is firmly based in 18th century English language. The customs and accoutrements, as well were firmly based in the 18th century and earlier. The sword and scabbard are beautifully detailed with hand chasing of the quality found on presentation swords. The heavy gold overlay is basically complete. The 28" blade is decorated with foliage and a panel with the owner’s name etched so lightly that we can not make it out. Exactly as applied suggesting a clandestine identity.