Almost surely the booty gathered after the rout of Grand Vizier Merzifonlu Kara Mustafa Pasha’s forces on September 12, 1683, at the siege of Vienna. 27 3/4” length with cane haft. Inset wood nock to the polychromed end. Interestingly, fletched with only two feathers (now missing).The other end is similarly decorated and set with a small conical target point. See Der Karlsruher Turkenbeute (The Karlsruhe Turkish booty) Hirmer #177 for a near identical example. The Turks were set up with a virtual city outside the Vienna including everything needed for an anticipated extended siege. This arrow would have been used by Turkish archers who practiced daily while sappers and artillery attacked the fortifications. The Polish cavalry charge, led by the Winged Hussars with King John Sobieski at the front advanced all the way into the Turkish Camps slaughtering the resistance and scattering the rest. The Turks abandoned the camp and all their weapons, equipment, and support material. After the battle, 20,000 wagon loads of booty were gathered from which the collection at the Karlsruhe Museum was formed. Thus, it is almost certain that any surviving 17th-century Turkish weapons such as this were part of that massive booty.