For flintlock musket C.1700-1800. Leather with four cylindrical compartments for wood cartridges, each of which held a charge and ball for muzzle loading. 4 1/4" x 5 1/4". The front flap overlaid with red wool fabric (just remnants remaining) and silver wire work central medallion. Edged with leather binding (some stitching defective). Reverse with broad leather belt loop. Worn throughout. Leather surfaces stiff with some flaking and encrustation. Surviving examples are very rare.