Found at Hallenburg, a castle and region in Thuringia, west Germany with the original cursive find tag. Early broad form, 5 ½” height with pointed calkins. The size is indicative of a charger. Hallenburg Castle fell into ruin by the 16th century. In 1850, as a result of the Gothic Revival, a budget was dedicated to preserving the ruins. In 1860 they were donated to Duke Ernest of Saxe-Coburg-Gothia who was the father of Prince Albert, Queen Victoria’s husband and Prince Concort of the United Kingdom. The date on the find tag, 1864, corresponds directly to the period of renewed interest in the castle and site relating it to the exploration and preservation at that time.