From the Waterloo Museum, Broadstairs Kent England. Pattern adopted by the English as the 1796 Light Cavalry Troopers Sword, as well as German and Austrian Cavalries. Iron hilt with P form guard and saddled backstrap. Wood grip lacking the covering and with losses at the heel. Hilt with stable patina and light to medium pitting. 34 1/4" curved s.e. blade, broad fullered, unmarked, and with medium pitting revealing its wrought iron construction. Wonderful uniform character. Evidently found some years, probably 10-20, after the battle, by locals. Derrek Spaulding, before his untimely death, and disposition of the museums collection in 1999, acquired many such items from locals, including cafe owners where they were displayed. This specimen undoubtedly served a trooper of Bluchers cavalry, which arguable turned the balance of power, resulting in Napoleons defeat.