19th century, probably C.1850-75. Provincial example which probably served on the frontier, West or Southwest. 66 3/4” length with gilt bronze top and ebonized wood haft. The bottom rounded and made without a mount, as it was used in a wood floor church whereas most have a bottom mount for use on stone floors. Great age character with most gilt intact and the haft with good patina from handling. Likely served in the Spanish missions which brought Christianity to the indigenous people.