Auxiliary of the Freemasons, the Tall Cedars of Lebanon, named after the trees from which Solomon’s Temple was built. As with other Masonic subgroups, it was formed as a social and benevolent society opened to Masons with its roots traced back to 1843. Its rituals were developed in part by Rev. George Gassner and are considered to be among the finest for Freemasonry. The hilt combines the styling of European military swords of the second half of the 19th century with the recurved guard of the Ottoman model. The badge is of TCL below a cedar tree. The blade is 28” of military style and the scabbard is white metal mounted over black leather.