North Europe/Germany, probably Thirty Years War period, 1618-48. 8 ¾” length, natural horn. Delicate floral carved spout in eight hound’s tooth edged segments, each slightly dished. Central iron suspension mount pierced through and secured with a gusset opposite in the 17th-century fashion. Domed base overlapping the horn edge in early fashion, secured with wood pegs. Fine mottled dark age patina to the horn. While basic in form, the construction is unmistakably early 17th century, confirmed by the wonderful age patina.